Saturday, June 25, 2011

Caleb's Birthday

Dave says I need to post more pictures of our stay here in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida because the ones we posted already, make it look like it was cloudy the whole time.  The reality is that those pictures were from our first morning here and it has been bright and sunny ever since.  In fact, Caleb was blessed with our best weather day so far for his birthday.

Caleb had quite a birthday.  Breakfast involving multiple pork products, of which I got none.  Then Dave made Reuben Sandwiches for everyone, of which I did not even get a morsel of sauerkraut.  Then Faye and Murray, Kirsten's cousins, treated Caleb to dinner of local shrimp and crab cakes, of which I was not allowed to partake in a single one!  The nerve of these people.  Here are Caleb, Anika and Bayley their second cousin, about to partake in that delicious seafood.  If you look carefully, you will notice that I am very politely begging in the background.

And, here is Caleb about to eat cake.  Did I mention - that I got none of any of this food?!

I must admit that I, and I am sure the whole Eastman Family, am thankful to Faye and Murray and Bayley too, that they allowed us to stay in their very beautiful house on a very beautiful beach that I was allowed to run on after 4pm each day.  I was amazed at the abundance of delicious dried seafood snacks just laying all over the beach available for the grabbing.

Here are Caleb and Anika frolicking on the beach.  They call it boogie boarding.  And these two did an awful lot of it.  In fact, these two were in the ocean or the pool almost our entire stay in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.

Well we are off to Houston, Texas tomorrow to visit more of Kirsten's cousins.  I sure do hope they are a little looser with their food distribution.

Big wet kisses, Mookie, "The Bloggin' Dog

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dave,

    Nice blog. Nice to see the ocean, too. Have a great safe trip and I'll keep checking out the trip. Take care, and thanks for the pottery. BTW, sorry we didn't get to see you off, but we're online with you.

    Fred

    ReplyDelete