Saturday, July 2, 2011

A Bit About Things Cute and Not So Cute

It seems at each place we stop there are creatures cute and…well…not so cute.  First, in Austin, TX at the McKinney Falls State park we did encounter these cute little deer which I would have been inclined to chase given the chance. 



But, then we encountered this creepy crawly thing crawling through our campsite. 



Dave says it is a walking stick – but this is no stick I want to retrieve.  It was about 7 or 8 inches long.  They just don’t grow them that big back in our Vermont residence.

Then in Carlsbad, New Mexico we found that our campsite was riddled with cute little furry bunnies.  I did try to chase these - but only as far as the length of my rope. 



But, then both nights we stayed in this campsite we had these even creepier crawly things crawl through the camp site.  One night, as we were sitting by our campsite’s picnic table working on this blog, I alerted Dave to this creatures approach. 



He says it is a tarantula.  He also said that they could kill me if they bite me.  So perhaps I will not try to bite them.

Dave has warned the kids that each night as they descend from the camper to do their business, that they would need to have their headlamps on so that they can look out for strange creatures that they could step on.  Did he really anticipate the possibility of tarantulas though?

Big wet kisses, Mookie, “The Bloggin’ Dog”

No comments:

Post a Comment